Highland Park St. Paul, MN Mercury Free Dentistry
Are you worried about outdated amalgam mercury fillings?
Dr. Malterud's practice is entirely mercury-free!
Our office replaces old amalgam fillings with beautiful, white restorations!
Many patients have old amalgam fillings, which contain a significant amount of mercury. Amalgam fillings corrode and crack over time, compromising the health and integrity of the tooth. Mercury fillings are also noticeably dark and metallic looking. Our office has been mercury-free for over 25 years. We use natural-looking white fillings to maintain the health and beauty of your smile!
Why countless patients trust Dr. Malterud for biomimetic mercury-free dentistry:
Many patients are worried that old, cracked mercury fillings will adversely affect their dental health. With his team, Dr. Malterud has helped numerous patients live with healthier smiles—mercury free. Our office is trained in the specific protocols and procedures necessary to safely replace mercury fillings with safe and attractive white composite fillings.
Minimally Invasive Treatment
Our office has a holistic, biomimetic philosophy. We believe in preserving healthy tooth structure to keep your smile healthy for years to come. When replacing restorations we carefully dissect old fillings to conserve your natural, healthy tooth without collateral damage. You’re more likely to maintain strong teeth in the long run if you take the conservative approach by honoring and protecting enamel and dentin.
Our office has been mercury-free for 30 years. We have perfected the procedure for placing stunningly white composite fillings. Because of our experience and conservative approach, our white fillings generally last well beyond the average dental restoration lifespan.
Take the next step to a better smile
- Schedule your complimentary consultation today by calling (651) 699-2822 or Schedule Online.
- Download our New Patient Special.
- Download our Mercury Free Dentistry Information Packet.
(a $114 value).
Mercury Free Dentistry
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...
We’re using innovative laser dentistry to provide you with fast, effective, and comfortable treatment!
With laser dentistry more patients than ever before are getting the treatment they need comfortably and quickly. Our office uses the revolutionary Lightwalker Laser to treat a number of common dental problems.
With the Lightwalker Laser we:
- Treat periodontal disease (also known as gum disease)
- Eliminate cavities and prepare teeth for fillings
- Perform root canals
- Treat cold sores and canker sores
- Improve the appearance of the smile with cosmetic dentistry
Laser dentistry has a number of important advantages over traditional treatment methods. Laser dentistry is appropriate for a wide number of patients, including children and patients with dental phobias.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Lightwalker Laser:
- Laser treatment is very comfortable, in fact many patients don't require any anesthesia during laser treatment.
- The laser is quiet—no drilling sounds!
- There is minimal bleeding with laser treatment.
- No cutting or stitches.
- Using a laser, Dr. Malterud can be more precise than with traditional instruments. This means that we can preserve more of your healthy tooth structure when placing fillings or performing root canals—keeping your teeth stronger for years to come.
Using the Lightwalker Laser we're able to offer our patients effective, efficient treatment for a wide number of dental problems. If you have questions about whether laser dentistry may benefit you, feel free to contact us by phone at (651) 925-2644 or schedule an appointment online.
Get the Relaxing, Comfortable Dental Treatment You Need With All-Natural NuCalm®!
NuCalm®, what’s that?
NuCalm® a completely natural relaxation protocol that helps dental patients remain comfortable during dental treatment. After using NuCalm® patients leave our office feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
How does it work?
NuCalm® treatment combines a few different techniques to relax the patient. The purpose of NuCalm® is to coax the patient into the first stage of sleep. NuCalm® is designed to shift brain waves from high frequency beta brain waves (wakefulness) to lower frequency alpha/theta waves (deep relaxation).
What exactly happens during treatment?
There are four consecutive steps to NuCalm®:
- First you’ll take a dietary supplement. This supplement helps to counteract the effects of adrenaline in your body.
- Next, our dental team will attach small microcurrent stimulation patches behind your ears. Low-level electrical currents facilitate your body’s relaxation response.
- Then, you’ll put on a pair of noise-dampening headphones. These headphones play soothing music that has been optimized calming neuroacoustic tones. As you listen to these sounds, you’ll fall deeper into a stage of pre-sleep.
- The final step is for you to put on light blocking glasses. These glasses are so important—they help you block out distractions and potentially stressful stimuli!
It takes only moments for the effects of NuCalm® to kick in—you’ll notice the difference right away!
Why choose NuCalm®?
Dental patients of all ages choose NuCalm® because it:
- Is effective
- Is completely natural
- Starts working in minutes
- Doesn’t include any medications or narcotics
- Does not require the patient to receive injections
- Does not incapacitate you physically or mentally (you’re never unconscious)
- Is free from side effects—you won’t have to wait for the effects to wear off post-treatment
- Is relaxing and rejuvenating
NuCalm® is suitable for all kinds of dental patients, and it is great for those people who avoid dental treatment due to fear and anxiety.