Laser Dentistry in Saint Paul, MN
With laser dentistry, more patients than ever before are getting the treatment they need comfortably and quickly. Dental lasers focus energy, in the form of light wavelengths, to affect and manipulate specific tissues.
Our office uses the revolutionary SWEEPS® (Shock Wave Enhanced Emission Photo-acoustic Streaming) Lightwalker® Laser. This technology allows us to:
- Treat periodontal disease (also known as gum disease)
- Clear away cavities and prepare teeth for fillings
- Perform root canals
- Treat cold sores and canker sores
- Improve the appearance of the smile with cosmetic dentistry
Laser dentistry is appropriate for a wide number of patients, including children and patients with dental phobias.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Lightwalker® Laser:
- Laser treatment is comfortable; many patients don’t require any anesthesia
- The laser is quiet—no drilling sounds!
- Minimal bleeding
- No cutting or stitches
- Preservation of healthy oral tissues
- Accelerated post-treatment healing
What Our Patients Are Saying
After working with Dr. Malterud for a couple of weeks to get the right fit for my NTI, the results are great. I may still get a headache but only for a few hours and not severe.
— Judy Wiedl
It's hard to believe that something so small could change my life in such a big way. I have been pain free without drugs or surgery for years now. My teeth have been saved from more damage because I don't grind them any more.
— Therese L
Mark is the absolute best. I recommend him and his team to everyone. No matter where I live in the world, our family will always use his services. Worth traveling the world over for. Thanks Mark!
— Tony Z.