Dental Implants in Saint Paul, MN
Are the gaps and holes in your mouth keeping you from loving your smile?
Do you find yourself hiding your teeth and avoiding your favorite foods?
There is a solution—you can eat, drink, and talk with confidence with dental implants!
Dental implants are revolutionary tooth replacement options that can help patients smile with confidence after tooth loss. Dental implants are biomimetic replacement teeth that are surgically implanted into the jawbone—they mimic both the function and the appearance of natural teeth. Each implant is grounded in the jawbone with a titanium screw. Over time, the titanium root actually bonds with natural bone, forming a stable foundation for your dental restoration.
Our St. Paul dental implant office uses the latest technology to provide our patients with efficient, effective dental implant care. Using innovative Cone Beam CT x-ray technology, we can create 3D images of your teeth and bones, along with traditional 2D digital bitewings. Cone Beam technology allows us to better plan and complete dental implant treatment. We also use this technology to identify dental problems in their earliest stages, which facilitates fast, effective treatment.
Benefits of Cone Beam technology include:
- Faster scan time compared to traditional scans
- Detailed 3D scan results, which provide our dental team with more information about your dental health, and allow us to better prepare for dental implant placement
- Increased safety—Cone Beam scans emit significantly less radiation than traditional scans
Why Dr. Malterud is St. Paul's first choice for dental implant dentistry:
Dr. Malterud has over 24 years of experience placing and restoring dental implants in St. Paul. Over the years he has helped people just like you eat, drink, and talk with ease with stunning dental implants. You can have a natural-looking, functional, and long-lasting smile! These dental implant experiences have allowed Dr. Malterud the opportunity to teach other dentists around the country how to place and restore dental implants.
One Stop Shop for Dental Treatment
Dr. Malterud and his team can treat a wide array of your dental problems in their accessible St. Paul office. Dr. Malterud believes in taking a more holistic approach to providing dental care for his patients; we'll craft a treatment plan for you that respects your natural teeth while enhancing your smile. From customized dental implants to general dentistry, you’ll get the quality comprehensive care you need quickly and conveniently.
Dr. Malterud and his staff put patient comfort and customer service first. From the moment you walk into their office the friendly atmosphere will put you at ease and make you feel comfortable.
(a $114 value).
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...
We’re using innovative laser dentistry to provide you with fast, effective, and comfortable treatment!
With laser dentistry more patients than ever before are getting the treatment they need comfortably and quickly. Our office uses the revolutionary Lightwalker Laser to treat a number of common dental problems.
With the Lightwalker Laser we:
- Treat periodontal disease (also known as gum disease)
- Eliminate cavities and prepare teeth for fillings
- Perform root canals
- Treat cold sores and canker sores
- Improve the appearance of the smile with cosmetic dentistry
Laser dentistry has a number of important advantages over traditional treatment methods. Laser dentistry is appropriate for a wide number of patients, including children and patients with dental phobias.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Lightwalker Laser:
- Laser treatment is very comfortable, in fact many patients don't require any anesthesia during laser treatment.
- The laser is quiet—no drilling sounds!
- There is minimal bleeding with laser treatment.
- No cutting or stitches.
- Using a laser, Dr. Malterud can be more precise than with traditional instruments. This means that we can preserve more of your healthy tooth structure when placing fillings or performing root canals—keeping your teeth stronger for years to come.
Using the Lightwalker Laser we're able to offer our patients effective, efficient treatment for a wide number of dental problems. If you have questions about whether laser dentistry may benefit you, feel free to contact us by phone at (651) 925-2644 or schedule an appointment online.
Get the Relaxing, Comfortable Dental Treatment You Need With All-Natural NuCalm®!
NuCalm®, what’s that?
NuCalm® a completely natural relaxation protocol that helps dental patients remain comfortable during dental treatment. After using NuCalm® patients leave our office feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
How does it work?
NuCalm® treatment combines a few different techniques to relax the patient. The purpose of NuCalm® is to coax the patient into the first stage of sleep. NuCalm® is designed to shift brain waves from high frequency beta brain waves (wakefulness) to lower frequency alpha/theta waves (deep relaxation).
What exactly happens during treatment?
There are four consecutive steps to NuCalm®:
- First you’ll take a dietary supplement. This supplement helps to counteract the effects of adrenaline in your body.
- Next, our dental team will attach small microcurrent stimulation patches behind your ears. Low-level electrical currents facilitate your body’s relaxation response.
- Then, you’ll put on a pair of noise-dampening headphones. These headphones play soothing music that has been optimized calming neuroacoustic tones. As you listen to these sounds, you’ll fall deeper into a stage of pre-sleep.
- The final step is for you to put on light blocking glasses. These glasses are so important—they help you block out distractions and potentially stressful stimuli!
It takes only moments for the effects of NuCalm® to kick in—you’ll notice the difference right away!
Why choose NuCalm®?
Dental patients of all ages choose NuCalm® because it:
- Is effective
- Is completely natural
- Starts working in minutes
- Doesn’t include any medications or narcotics
- Does not require the patient to receive injections
- Does not incapacitate you physically or mentally (you’re never unconscious)
- Is free from side effects—you won’t have to wait for the effects to wear off post-treatment
- Is relaxing and rejuvenating
NuCalm® is suitable for all kinds of dental patients, and it is great for those people who avoid dental treatment due to fear and anxiety.
Dr. Mark Malterud DDS has been serving the Saint Paul, MN area as a general dentist for over 30 years...