St. Paul General Dentist Explains the Benefits of Polymer Dentures
What are dentures?
A denture is a removable dental appliance replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissue. They are made to closely resemble your natural teeth and can even enhance your smile. Very detailed impressions (molds) and measurements are taken and used to create dentures that are custom-fit to your mouth. At St. Paul Highland Park Dentist dentures are crafted using a softer, flexible polymer rather than traditional rigid metal. Your dentures will be gently custom-fit to your mouth, ensuring that they fit comfortably and securely, enabling you to speak and eat with ease.
What are dentures made of?
Patients have many options of materials to choose from that can affect the aesthetic results as well as the comfort level afforded the wearer. Today’s polymer dentures offered by Highland Park, MN Dental Office are more flexible so they are naturally more comfortable as well as being more natural-looking than plastic dentures. For example, plastic dentures are very rigid resulting in soreness of the gums and cheek tissue. In addition to being rigid and uncomfortable, plastic dentures are also less durable. Polymer dentures are somewhat more expensive, but most people do not mind paying the extra cost to gain the advantages of polymer dentures.
How long will polymer dentures last?
Today’s polymer dentures are very durable appliances and will last many years. However, as with any dental appliance they may have to be remade, repaired, or readjusted at some point in the future due to normal wear.
We’re using innovative laser dentistry to provide you with fast, effective, and comfortable treatment!
With laser dentistry more patients than ever before are getting the treatment they need comfortably and quickly. Our office uses the revolutionary Lightwalker Laser to treat a number of common dental problems.
With the Lightwalker Laser we:
- Treat periodontal disease (also known as gum disease)
- Eliminate cavities and prepare teeth for fillings
- Perform root canals
- Treat cold sores and canker sores
- Improve the appearance of the smile with cosmetic dentistry
Laser dentistry has a number of important advantages over traditional treatment methods. Laser dentistry is appropriate for a wide number of patients, including children and patients with dental phobias.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Lightwalker Laser:
- Laser treatment is very comfortable, in fact many patients don't require any anesthesia during laser treatment.
- The laser is quiet—no drilling sounds!
- There is minimal bleeding with laser treatment.
- No cutting or stitches.
- Using a laser, Dr. Malterud can be more precise than with traditional instruments. This means that we can preserve more of your healthy tooth structure when placing fillings or performing root canals—keeping your teeth stronger for years to come.
Using the Lightwalker Laser we're able to offer our patients effective, efficient treatment for a wide number of dental problems. If you have questions about whether laser dentistry may benefit you, feel free to contact us by phone at (651) 925-2644 or schedule an appointment online.
Get the Relaxing, Comfortable Dental Treatment You Need With All-Natural NuCalm®!
NuCalm®, what’s that?
NuCalm® a completely natural relaxation protocol that helps dental patients remain comfortable during dental treatment. After using NuCalm® patients leave our office feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
How does it work?
NuCalm® treatment combines a few different techniques to relax the patient. The purpose of NuCalm® is to coax the patient into the first stage of sleep. NuCalm® is designed to shift brain waves from high frequency beta brain waves (wakefulness) to lower frequency alpha/theta waves (deep relaxation).
What exactly happens during treatment?
There are four consecutive steps to NuCalm®:
- First you’ll take a dietary supplement. This supplement helps to counteract the effects of adrenaline in your body.
- Next, our dental team will attach small microcurrent stimulation patches behind your ears. Low-level electrical currents facilitate your body’s relaxation response.
- Then, you’ll put on a pair of noise-dampening headphones. These headphones play soothing music that has been optimized calming neuroacoustic tones. As you listen to these sounds, you’ll fall deeper into a stage of pre-sleep.
- The final step is for you to put on light blocking glasses. These glasses are so important—they help you block out distractions and potentially stressful stimuli!
It takes only moments for the effects of NuCalm® to kick in—you’ll notice the difference right away!
Why choose NuCalm®?
Dental patients of all ages choose NuCalm® because it:
- Is effective
- Is completely natural
- Starts working in minutes
- Doesn’t include any medications or narcotics
- Does not require the patient to receive injections
- Does not incapacitate you physically or mentally (you’re never unconscious)
- Is free from side effects—you won’t have to wait for the effects to wear off post-treatment
- Is relaxing and rejuvenating
NuCalm® is suitable for all kinds of dental patients, and it is great for those people who avoid dental treatment due to fear and anxiety.
Dr. Mark Malterud DDS has been serving the Saint Paul, MN area as a general dentist for over 30 years...