Minneapolis Dental Office Discusses Benefits of Mercury-Free Dentistry
Although the FDA has deemed amalgam fillings to be safe for use in dental fillings, there is still quite a bit of controversy surrounding their safety and the impact they may have on one’s overall health. There is a certain amount of mercury vapor that leaks out of these amalgam fillings over time. Understandably, this has many patients concerned about the use of this material in their own fillings and especially the safety of amalgam fillings for their children.
The amount of amalgam fillings used has dropped significantly in recent years, but many dentists still choose to use these mercury fillings. Highland Park, MN Dentist uses only mercury-free fillings made of tooth-colored composite materials, porcelain or gold. While a tooth-colored filling is aesthetically appropriate for teeth that are visible, gold is a strong and durable filling for back teeth that withstand tremendous amounts of biting pressure.
Amalgam fillings can easily be removed and replaced, often strengthening the tooth to a greater extent than the original amalgam filling. If you have broken fillings or mercury fillings you may want to consider having them replaced. The professionals at St. Paul Dentistry are trained in the specialized procedures necessary to safely remove amalgam fillings. Our procedure rooms are specifically designed to allow for the safe removal and replacement of old amalgam fillings, including air filtering systems that safely vent out any trace of mercury vapors. We follow strict protocols when replacing mercury with healthier, non-toxic material, and your safety and comfort is our number one priority.
We’re using innovative laser dentistry to provide you with fast, effective, and comfortable treatment!
With laser dentistry more patients than ever before are getting the treatment they need comfortably and quickly. Our office uses the revolutionary Lightwalker Laser to treat a number of common dental problems.
With the Lightwalker Laser we:
- Treat periodontal disease (also known as gum disease)
- Eliminate cavities and prepare teeth for fillings
- Perform root canals
- Treat cold sores and canker sores
- Improve the appearance of the smile with cosmetic dentistry
Laser dentistry has a number of important advantages over traditional treatment methods. Laser dentistry is appropriate for a wide number of patients, including children and patients with dental phobias.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Lightwalker Laser:
- Laser treatment is very comfortable, in fact many patients don't require any anesthesia during laser treatment.
- The laser is quiet—no drilling sounds!
- There is minimal bleeding with laser treatment.
- No cutting or stitches.
- Using a laser, Dr. Malterud can be more precise than with traditional instruments. This means that we can preserve more of your healthy tooth structure when placing fillings or performing root canals—keeping your teeth stronger for years to come.
Using the Lightwalker Laser we're able to offer our patients effective, efficient treatment for a wide number of dental problems. If you have questions about whether laser dentistry may benefit you, feel free to contact us by phone at (651) 925-2644 or schedule an appointment online.
Get the Relaxing, Comfortable Dental Treatment You Need With All-Natural NuCalm®!
NuCalm®, what’s that?
NuCalm® a completely natural relaxation protocol that helps dental patients remain comfortable during dental treatment. After using NuCalm® patients leave our office feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
How does it work?
NuCalm® treatment combines a few different techniques to relax the patient. The purpose of NuCalm® is to coax the patient into the first stage of sleep. NuCalm® is designed to shift brain waves from high frequency beta brain waves (wakefulness) to lower frequency alpha/theta waves (deep relaxation).
What exactly happens during treatment?
There are four consecutive steps to NuCalm®:
- First you’ll take a dietary supplement. This supplement helps to counteract the effects of adrenaline in your body.
- Next, our dental team will attach small microcurrent stimulation patches behind your ears. Low-level electrical currents facilitate your body’s relaxation response.
- Then, you’ll put on a pair of noise-dampening headphones. These headphones play soothing music that has been optimized calming neuroacoustic tones. As you listen to these sounds, you’ll fall deeper into a stage of pre-sleep.
- The final step is for you to put on light blocking glasses. These glasses are so important—they help you block out distractions and potentially stressful stimuli!
It takes only moments for the effects of NuCalm® to kick in—you’ll notice the difference right away!
Why choose NuCalm®?
Dental patients of all ages choose NuCalm® because it:
- Is effective
- Is completely natural
- Starts working in minutes
- Doesn’t include any medications or narcotics
- Does not require the patient to receive injections
- Does not incapacitate you physically or mentally (you’re never unconscious)
- Is free from side effects—you won’t have to wait for the effects to wear off post-treatment
- Is relaxing and rejuvenating
NuCalm® is suitable for all kinds of dental patients, and it is great for those people who avoid dental treatment due to fear and anxiety.