Dental Implants in Saint Paul, MN
Prioritize Dental Health With Perio Protect Dental Trays
Periodontal disease is the leading cause of tooth loss among adult dental patients in the United States. Untreated gum disease leads to diminishing gum tissue, tooth loss, and even bone tissue deterioration.
Additionally, periodontal disease can increase your risk of suffering from a number of serious health issues:
- Heart Disease
Periodontal disease is caused by a bacterial infection that is hidden below your gum line. Regularly scheduled dental cleanings and at-home brushing and flossing help to keep bacterial levels in check, but for many dental patients this isn’t enough. That’s why we are offering Perio Protect treatment to effectively help people battle gum disease at home!
Perio Protect trays help patients avoid painful treatments for periodontal disease, like invasive gum surgery. Perio Protect is totally comfortable, painless, and non-invasive!
Perio Protect gently applies medication deep under the gums to fight the infections. You use it at home for just minutes each day. The Tray is comfortable, flexible, and custom-fit precisely for your mouth.
The Perio Protect system has two components:
- Custom made perio protect trays
- Healing peroxide medicated gel
Custom Made Perio Protect Trays
When you come in for your first appointment, our dental team will fit you with customized Perio Protect trays. These trays are clear oral appliances that allow you to administer gum disease medication at home, every day. With proper care your trays can last for years before they need to be replaced.
Healing Peroxide Gel
Our dental team will then provide you with a low-concentration hydrogen peroxide gel. You will fill your Perio Protect trays with this medicated gel, and wear them as directed by Dr. Malterud—generally patients wear their tray for about 15 minutes per application.
This specially formulated gel goes below your gum line to destroy disease-causing oral bacteria; the Perio Protect trays help to keep the gel in place for an extended period of time.
And hydrogen peroxide gel provides additional benefits: it can actually whiten and brighten your teeth and freshens your breath!
Now is the time for you to take control of your smile and your health. Call us to learn more or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
We’re using innovative laser dentistry to provide you with fast, effective, and comfortable treatment!
With laser dentistry more patients than ever before are getting the treatment they need comfortably and quickly. Our office uses the revolutionary Lightwalker Laser to treat a number of common dental problems.
With the Lightwalker Laser we:
- Treat periodontal disease (also known as gum disease)
- Eliminate cavities and prepare teeth for fillings
- Perform root canals
- Treat cold sores and canker sores
- Improve the appearance of the smile with cosmetic dentistry
Laser dentistry has a number of important advantages over traditional treatment methods. Laser dentistry is appropriate for a wide number of patients, including children and patients with dental phobias.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Lightwalker Laser:
- Laser treatment is very comfortable, in fact many patients don't require any anesthesia during laser treatment.
- The laser is quiet—no drilling sounds!
- There is minimal bleeding with laser treatment.
- No cutting or stitches.
- Using a laser, Dr. Malterud can be more precise than with traditional instruments. This means that we can preserve more of your healthy tooth structure when placing fillings or performing root canals—keeping your teeth stronger for years to come.
Using the Lightwalker Laser we're able to offer our patients effective, efficient treatment for a wide number of dental problems. If you have questions about whether laser dentistry may benefit you, feel free to contact us by phone at (651) 925-2644 or schedule an appointment online.
Get the Relaxing, Comfortable Dental Treatment You Need With All-Natural NuCalm®!
NuCalm®, what’s that?
NuCalm® a completely natural relaxation protocol that helps dental patients remain comfortable during dental treatment. After using NuCalm® patients leave our office feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
How does it work?
NuCalm® treatment combines a few different techniques to relax the patient. The purpose of NuCalm® is to coax the patient into the first stage of sleep. NuCalm® is designed to shift brain waves from high frequency beta brain waves (wakefulness) to lower frequency alpha/theta waves (deep relaxation).
What exactly happens during treatment?
There are four consecutive steps to NuCalm®:
- First you’ll take a dietary supplement. This supplement helps to counteract the effects of adrenaline in your body.
- Next, our dental team will attach small microcurrent stimulation patches behind your ears. Low-level electrical currents facilitate your body’s relaxation response.
- Then, you’ll put on a pair of noise-dampening headphones. These headphones play soothing music that has been optimized calming neuroacoustic tones. As you listen to these sounds, you’ll fall deeper into a stage of pre-sleep.
- The final step is for you to put on light blocking glasses. These glasses are so important—they help you block out distractions and potentially stressful stimuli!
It takes only moments for the effects of NuCalm® to kick in—you’ll notice the difference right away!
Why choose NuCalm®?
Dental patients of all ages choose NuCalm® because it:
- Is effective
- Is completely natural
- Starts working in minutes
- Doesn’t include any medications or narcotics
- Does not require the patient to receive injections
- Does not incapacitate you physically or mentally (you’re never unconscious)
- Is free from side effects—you won’t have to wait for the effects to wear off post-treatment
- Is relaxing and rejuvenating
NuCalm® is suitable for all kinds of dental patients, and it is great for those people who avoid dental treatment due to fear and anxiety.
Dr. Mark Malterud DDS has been serving the Saint Paul, MN area as a general dentist for over 30 years...