Periodontal disease is a major oral health issue affecting millions. The St. Paul Family Dentist has learned that The Centers for Disease Control estimates that approximately half of adults over 30 have some extent of periodontal disease. Preventive treatments and proper oral hygiene are very effective for eliminating the risk for gum disease. But even the most diligent oral health care can sometimes result in periodontal disease.
Dangers of Periodontal Disease
Left untreated, gum disease can cause teeth to loosen and may eventually lead to bone loss and even tooth loss. But the dangers of periodontal disease are not limited to your oral health. It has been documented that there is a direct relationship between the presence of chronic oral infections like gum disease and serious health concerns like heart and respiratory disease, diabetes, and stroke.
Laser Dentistry, the Non-Invasive Solution
In the past, the only solution for eliminating periodontal disease was painful gum surgery. Fortunately advances in dental technology have provided us with non-invasive options like laser dentistry. Dental lasers are gentle and effective and remove periodontal infection no cutting of tender gum tissue necessary. In fact, dental lasers are actually good for your oral health because they promote the regrowth of healthy gum tissue.
How to Prevent Gum Disease
The key word here is “prevent.” Dentists have always advocated preventive approaches to protect their patients’ oral health. Brushing and flossing twice a day, along with regular exams by your dentist and professional cleanings have always been important, and the best way to prevent any oral health problems from developing or becoming serious. In light of the information we now have about the affect of gum disease on our general health, though, prevention is vital.
You can do a lot to protect your own oral health by maintaining a healthy diet and proper oral hygiene. But no matter how proactive you are in taking steps to protect your own oral health, you must have regular dental cleanings. Plaque and tartar can build up on your teeth in spaces your toothbrush can’t reach. Once tartar has developed, it can only be removed by a dental hygienist during routine cleanings.
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of laser dentistry, please contact the St. Paul General Dentist so we can help you take the necessary steps to protect your oral health.
One of the great advances in dental treatment today is the availability of laser dentistry. As laser dentistry becomes more well-known, an increasing number of patients are taking advantage of its benefits.
Laser dentistry office allows patients to obtain appropriate treatment comfortably and quickly. At our Highland Park, St. Paul General Dentist office, we use state-of-the-art laser equipment to treat a wide variety of the most common dental issues.
Laser dentistry has been proven to be effective for:
- Treating periodontal (gum) disease
- Removing cavities
- Performing root canals
- Treating cold sores and canker sores
- Safely and effectively enhancing your smile through cosmetic dentistry
Laser dentistry offers many benefits over traditional dentistry in a number of important areas.
- Laser dentistry can be safely used to treat patients who have special needs or concerns like children and adult patients with dental phobias.
- In most cases, the use of any type of anesthesia is unnecessary during laser treatment as it is very comfortable.
- There is no noisy drilling sounds that tend to enhance the dental phobia that some patients and young children experience.
- Laser dentistry requires no invasive cutting of gum tissue so there is minimal bleeding and no stitches are needed.
Through the use of laser dentistry your Highland Park, St. Paul General Dentist can be more precise than with instruments used in traditional dentistry. The benefit to you is that we are able to preserve more of the healthy tooth structure when filling teeth or performing root canal therapy. This, in turn, helps to keep your teeth stronger as you age.
Through laser dentistry we can provide our patients with efficient, comfortable dental treatment. Please contact our office for a free consultation so we can discuss the ways in which laser dentistry may benefit you.
Our Highland Park St. Paul General Dentist uses lasers to provide our patients with important dental treatments comfortably and quickly. We are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to treat a variety of common dental issues.
Laser dentistry is an exciting advance in modern dental technology and has proven effective for:
- Treating periodontal disease (gum disease)
- Removing cavities
- Performing root canals
- Killing harmful bacteria and promoting healthy tissue regeneration
- Safely and effectively enhancing your smile when used in conjunction with cosmetic dentistry treatments
- The use of any type of anesthesia is usually unnecessary during laser treatment.
- Laser dentistry is safe and effective for use with patients who have special needs like children and adult patients who fear visits to the dentist.
- Laser dentistry eliminates the need for drilling, so the anxiety associated with the sound of a high speed drill in adults and children is also eliminated.
- There is no invasive cutting involved, so laser dentistry results in minimal bleeding and requires no stitches after treatment.
Through the use of laser dentistry we can provide our patients with efficient, comfortable dental treatment. Please contact our office for a free consultation so we can discuss the ways in which laser dentistry may benefit you.
- Tooth Loss Treatments Explained By Our Saint Paul Dental Implant Dentists
- Our Saint Paul Dentists Can Help You Get The Most Out Of Your Brushing Routine
- Saint Paul Dentist Reviews Ways To Maintain A Healthy Smile Even When You’re Sick
- Need a Smile Makeover? The St. Paul Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- The St. Paul Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- The St. Paul General Dentist Explains How to Achieve Oral Health through Prevention
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by the St. Paul Invisalign Dentist
- St. Paul Dentist Puts Patients At Ease Using NuCalm
- Why Replacing Teeth at the St. Paul Dental Implants Office is Important
- St. Paul Invisible Braces Dentist Explains Invisalign Benefits
(a $114 value).
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...