St. Paul Dentistry Explains the Need for Retainers after Invisalign Treatment
Whether you’ve gone through Invisalign treatment or not, teeth are continually moving to some degree and it may not always be perceptible. This means that you will need to wear some type of orthodontic retainer after your Invisalign treatment is completed to maintain the corrected alignment.
If you do not wear the retainer provided by your St. Paul Invisalign Dentist, it is likely that your teeth will begin to drift. You may be surprised to learn that going without a retainer for even a relatively short period of time can give teeth an opportunity to shift causing another misalignment.
There are essentially two types of retainers: fixed and removable. As the names imply, these terms refer to the fact that the retainer is either permanently attached to your teeth or is removable. Each has its own distinct advantages and disadvantages. Your St. Paul Highland Park Dentist can discuss both these options with you and help you make the decision as to which will be most beneficial to your situation.
Certain teeth alignment problems need to be retained longer than others. Therefore, retention is more critical in these cases. Your Invisalign dentist is the best person to determine what is appropriate in your situation.
Now that you’ve completed the Invisalign treatment successfully it makes sense to consider the retention phase as an ongoing and necessary part of your treatment. You’ve already made an investment in a beautiful, even smile. By conscientiously using your retainer you are simply protecting your investment.
- Need a Smile Makeover? The St. Paul Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- The St. Paul Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- The St. Paul General Dentist Explains How to Achieve Oral Health through Prevention
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by the St. Paul Invisalign Dentist
- St. Paul Dentist Puts Patients At Ease Using NuCalm
- Why Replacing Teeth at the St. Paul Dental Implants Office is Important
- St. Paul Invisible Braces Dentist Explains Invisalign Benefits
- Reasons for Bad Breath Discussed by the St. Paul Family Dentist
- St. Paul Family Dentist Reviews Benefits of Removing Amalgam Fillings
- St. Paul Family Dentist Explains State-of-the-Art Ozone Dentistry
(a $114 value).
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...