St. Paul Family Dentist Explains Importance of Preventive Care
Dangers of Periodontal Disease
Left untreated, gum disease can cause teeth to loosen and may eventually lead to bone loss and even tooth loss. But the dangers of periodontal disease are not limited to your oral health. It has been documented that there is a direct relationship between the presence of chronic oral infections like gum disease and serious health concerns like heart and respiratory disease, diabetes, and stroke.
Laser Dentistry, the Non-Invasive Solution
In the past, the only solution for eliminating periodontal disease was painful gum surgery. Fortunately advances in dental technology have provided us with non-invasive options like laser dentistry. Dental lasers are gentle and effective and remove periodontal infection no cutting of tender gum tissue necessary. In fact, dental lasers are actually good for your oral health because they promote the regrowth of healthy gum tissue.
How to Prevent Gum Disease
The key word here is “prevent.” Dentists have always advocated preventive approaches to protect their patients’ oral health. Brushing and flossing twice a day, along with regular exams by your dentist and professional cleanings have always been important, and the best way to prevent any oral health problems from developing or becoming serious. In light of the information we now have about the affect of gum disease on our general health, though, prevention is vital.
You can do a lot to protect your own oral health by maintaining a healthy diet and proper oral hygiene. But no matter how proactive you are in taking steps to protect your own oral health, you must have regular dental cleanings. Plaque and tartar can build up on your teeth in spaces your toothbrush can’t reach. Once tartar has developed, it can only be removed by a dental hygienist during routine cleanings.
If you’re interested in learning more about the benefits of laser dentistry, please contact the St. Paul General Dentist so we can help you take the necessary steps to protect your oral health.
- Need a Smile Makeover? The St. Paul Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- The St. Paul Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- The St. Paul General Dentist Explains How to Achieve Oral Health through Prevention
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by the St. Paul Invisalign Dentist
- St. Paul Dentist Puts Patients At Ease Using NuCalm
- Why Replacing Teeth at the St. Paul Dental Implants Office is Important
- St. Paul Invisible Braces Dentist Explains Invisalign Benefits
- Reasons for Bad Breath Discussed by the St. Paul Family Dentist
- St. Paul Family Dentist Reviews Benefits of Removing Amalgam Fillings
- St. Paul Family Dentist Explains State-of-the-Art Ozone Dentistry
(a $114 value).
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...