Veneers and dental implants can be used to achieve many of the same aesthetic and functional dental goals:
- Correct damage
- Close gaps
- Resurface unsightly enamel
- Lengthen short teeth
- Improve bite function
So, what sets these treatments apart? At the end of the day it is the materials used to repair or resurface your teeth.
Aesthetic veneers are made from exceptionally thin porcelain. A veneer is only as thick as a contact lens, but once it is in place it completely transforms the appearance of the tooth.
Dental bonding uses composite resin to achieve results. Composite resin begins as a soft, shapeable consistency. Our team applies the resin to a patient’s tooth, and then we cure it with a special light so that it hardens and bonds to the natural tooth.
These material differences affect their respective treatment processes. Veneers take two or three appointments to complete; first the teeth are prepped, then restorations are made to fit the patient’s teeth, and finally we attach them to the natural tooth structure. On the other hand, the dental bonding process takes just one appointment to complete. Our dentists shade, shape, and cure composite resin in one appointment.
A few other things to keep in mind:
- Dental bonding is generally less expensive than porcelain veneer treatment
- On the whole, veneers last longer than bonding
- If veneers become damaged they must be replaced
- If dental bonding becomes damage they can be repaired with additional resin
- Veneers and bonding cannot be lightened with whitening treatments, and they are naturally stain resistant
To learn more about either of these treatment options, and any other cosmetic treatments, for that matter, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our St. Paul dentists for help. We are here to help you assess all of your choices, and, ultimately, move forward with the one that is perfect for you!
- Saint Paul Dentist Compares And Contrasts Bonding And Veneers
- Tooth Loss Treatments Explained By Our Saint Paul Dental Implant Dentists
- Our Saint Paul Dentists Can Help You Get The Most Out Of Your Brushing Routine
- Our Saint Paul TMJ Dentist Provides Comprehensive Care
- Saint Paul Dentist Reviews Ways To Maintain A Healthy Smile Even When You’re Sick
- Need a Smile Makeover? The St. Paul Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- The St. Paul Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- The St. Paul General Dentist Explains How to Achieve Oral Health through Prevention
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by the St. Paul Invisalign Dentist
- St. Paul Dentist Puts Patients At Ease Using NuCalm
(a $114 value).
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...