Laser dentistry helps more patients than ever get the treatment they need comfortably and quickly. The revolutionary Lightwalker Laser is able to perform a number of the most common dental treatments:
- Remove periodontal disease (also known as gum disease)
- Remove cavities and prepare teeth for fillings
- Perform root canal treatment
- Eliminate cold sores and canker sores
- Correct certain cosmetic dental issues
The use of lasers in dentistry also offers other important benefits:
- Laser dentistry can be safely used to treat patients who have special needs or concerns like children and adult patients with dental phobias.
- In most cases, your dentist does not need to use any anesthesia during laser treatment as it is very comfortable.
- There are no noisy drilling sounds that tend to add to the dental phobia that some patients and young children experience.
- Laser dentistry requires no invasive cutting so there is minimal bleeding and no stitches are needed.
Through the use of laser dentistry the Highland Park St. Paul General Dentist can pinpoint the specific area that needs treatment. This benefits the patient as we are able to preserve more of the healthy tooth structure when filling teeth or performing root canal treatment. Preserving the healthy parts of your teeth is important to good oral health.
Laser dentistry allows us to provide patients with efficient and comfortable dental treatment. Please contact our office for a free consultation so we can discuss the ways in which laser dentistry may benefit you.